I have finally hit upon the right combination of ingredients that makes my chicken red curry taste just as good as the kind that you can get in the Thai restaurants. It's important to have that delicious tasty flavor which you can build upon with your own fresh vegetables.
Today I am sharing my recipe for the most delicious and best-tasting Thai style red curry chicken out there. I personally love to adjust my spice meter to about an 8.5 on the hot scale. How about you? Yumm Yumm!!!
Come on in and sample the delicious food please! Make it Thai style and you'll hit a home run.
Delicious photo credit: maaco red curry.
The Color of Thai Curry Poll
Question : Red, Green, Yellow? - Please answer our quick little poll today; thank you very much! What color of curry is your favorite?
- I love red curry!
- I love green curry!
- I love yellow curry!
- I love all the colors of curry!
- I am not a curry lover; but I do love colors!
My Confession : I Love Thai Style!
To me, the paste makes all the difference!
"Once you try Red Curry Chicken or Red Curry Shrimp or Red Curry Scallops, I predict you will find your true love of curry. Whilst I love all the curries, I keep coming back to the red one."
I sure do love preparing my chicken dishes in a Thai style! I can't wait to have Martha Stewart ringing me up and asking me to come on her show and prepare my best-ever recipe for Thai style! You know what folks? Why, everybody is talking about chicken red curry Thai style -- I would say that this delicious comfort food has arrived!
Oh, before you go further, let me say this. The mark of a great chef is that they can experiment to customize their very own personal recipes. That is precisely what you can do with my recipe. Try a little more of this or a little more of that to suit your personal tastes! I've prepared a customized Thai style chicken red curry recipe to suit our tastes. Some days I too will experiment with fresh vegetables to add a little zest. And, most of all, be sure to enjoy!
I enjoy cooking and experimenting with recipes and love sharing them with you, my reader! ;) I personally love Thai style food that's about an 8.5 on the hot scale. Can you handle it that hot? Tried some Thai style food yet? What a perfect time for this food, why it's Super Bowl Sunday! Get a heads up on your Super Bowl tasty recipes right here! And, you may want to consider chicken red curry as an alternative recipe for the holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. You don't always want turkey and ham you know?
Perhaps, the older you get, the more defined you become in your taste for food? I know I began making my Thai style food with green curry. It was by chance, one day, that I ventured out to try red curry. That was the day I hit upon a winning recipe! Come on in and check out my delicious recipe. --The Brand Ambassador JaguarJulie!
P.S. I was the Official Squidoo Comfort Foods Contributor! Did you know that? Well, you probably guessed it.
Chicken Red Curry Thai Style Recipe
There are so many different ways to prepare this tasty comfort food. You can adjust the spice level to suit your particular tastes. Sometimes I like it a bit hot, sometimes I will do it medium. Normally, I'm not into the milder tastes.
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons of Pilippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce
- 1/2 a package of A Taste of Thai Red Curry Paste -- this is customizable depending upon how hot you like it! I've tried the entire package and that a tad bit hot for the hubby.
- One 13.5 fl. oz. can of Hokan Coconut Milk
- One 8 oz. can of LaChoy Fancy Bamboo Shoots -- drained
- One -half package of Birds Eye Deluxe Baby Vegetables Baby Broccoli Mix -- broccoli florets, edamame, Parisian carrots, & sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon of Lawry's Garlic salt
- Dash of salt and pepper to taste
- 6 packages of Equal sweetener -- the yellow stuff!
- 1 bag of Success Jasmin Rice - Thai Fragrant Rice - 10 minute Boil-in-Bag
- Heat a large skillet with the olive oil on medium heat.
- Cut the chicken into strips. I like it 1/2 inch x 2 inches.
- Add the chicken to the hot olive oil and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring to cook on both sides.
- When the chicken is white, season with the garlic salt and add the coconut milk and A Taste of Thai Red Curry Paste, stirring until the curry is distributed.
- Add the soy sauce, bamboo shoots, and vegetables.
- Turn the heat down a bit and continue to simmer.
- Add the rice to boiling water. You'll want to time it to be ready when your curry is ready.
- Add the Equal to the curry and stir well.
- When you rice is ready, your curry should be ready.
- I like to serve my curry in a flat soup bowl. In the middle of the bowl, place several tablespoons of the rice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook time: 45 min
Ready in: 1 hour
The Magic Ingredient!
I love this stuff! You know, you can use A Taste of Thai Red Curry Paste in a variety of dishes!
It's also my spice of choice when I cook Basa fish and Swai fish.
Ingredients: Red chili, garlic, soybean oil, onion, salt, spices.
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving: Calories 20
% of Daily Value:
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
Cholesterol 0m 0%
Sodium 260mg 11%
Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
It Tastes Better the Next Day!
A little secret about my chicken red curry! It is so much better the next day or the day after that. That's straight from my hubby's mouth. You can see from this picture that I've mixed in the jasmine rice.
Do you LOVE Thai food? Have you tried red curry yet? It's great with chicken or scallops if you prefer them! I hope you will get a chance to try my recipe and let me know how you like it!
History: Chicken Red Curry : Done Thai Style was originally created on Squidoo by JaguarJulie on August 28, 2007. On September 29, 2010 this lens earned the Purple Star Award for quality content.