Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Salad

Dinner one day; salad the next! Baked chicken on a salad is so tasty! On the first night, I had Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs as my dinner. Two days later, I sliced up one of those baked chicken thighs and made a creative salad recipe for my lunch! Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Salad to be precise!

Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Salad
I find that you can get very creative with salad recipes!

First, I start with the green stuff as a base and then figure out my main component.

Next, it's the additives or extra complementary ingredients.

Last, but surely not the least, it is the actual salad dressing.

Come along and see what all went into the making of this chicken thigh salad ... scratch and sniff if you like!

All photos and content copyright JaguarJulie.

I Love Chicken!
I will have it at lunch and at dinner too! Chicken is such a versatile protein that can be prepared a number of healthful ways. It's a great meat that tastes even better the next day!

One rather warm day in Jacksonville Florida, I prepared Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs in my oven. It was one of those kind of days that I got all wrapped up online and didn't notice it was dinner time and I hadn't put the chicken in the oven yet!

Well, not to worry ... chicken cooks pretty fast. Since it was already defrosted, I knew I would bake it that night and have it the next night for dinner. However! I didn't realize that I would be having one of those 6 baked thighs for my lunch on Friday!

I have one more left and will probably consider a sandwich as my fourth meal. That's a lot of mileage from one package. It's important if you are a singular person that you not prepare too much to finish before it spoils! Hey, I was the Comfort Foods Contributor on Squidoo. ~ Jaguar Julie!

The Main Ingredients - It is so easy to make something healthy!

ingredients for breaded baked boneless skinless chicken thigh salad

For the longest time, I was buying that package of Publix Romaine. Then, I switched to the variety of packaged salad greens. Generally, I will look for the brand that is on sale when I shop at Publix. Today, it was Fresh Express where you bought one package for $3.99 and then the second was free. You know, BOGO? Buy one, get one!

I love the European Blend too. Sometimes, it's baby spinach leaves. This is the one variable that can change up to customize your particular favorite green stuff!

P.S. Take a look at how much sliced chicken you get from that one thigh! Pretty amazing that you don't realize how big a portion it really is. You also get an idea of how I like to cut it.

Drumroll : The Recipe!

Here it is. By the way, in the end, I opted to switch my salad dressing to something spicy: Chipotle Ranch. After all the photography, I needed something that would kick me in the pants. This easy to prepare and delicious salad takes perhaps ten minutes to put together!

Breaded baked boneless skinless chicken thigh, sliced
Ingredients
  • Breaded baked boneless skinless chicken thigh, sliced
  • Lettuce greens to fill your plate, your choice
  • 1/4 cup chick peas or garbanzo beans
  • 1/4 cup white mushrooms, sliced
  • One cucumber pickle, sliced
  • Salad dressing, your choice

Instructions
  1. Thinly slice one breaded baked boneless skinless chicken thigh; add to luncheon plate.
  2. Fill your plate with your choice of lettuce salad greens.
  3. Add chick peas.
  4. Add sliced mushrooms.
  5. Add sliced cucumber pickle.
  6. Add your salad dressing!
Spotlight on My Dishes!
Let's hear it for Corelle Bamboo Leaf Square Round 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 4! I love the Corelle Bamboo Leaf Square Dinnerware.

You might know that I have been talking a lot about those recipes that I love and make. And, I've been talking a lot about my dishes - my dinnerware!

That luncheon plate has shown up many a time in my food photography. I believe giving a little credit where credit is due!

You must know that I love the luncheon plate that you find in this set. The other night I pulled out the dinner plate and almost had a heart attack!

Good grief, that is the biggest plate ... I would think I'm feeding Hulk Hogan or something. But, each to his own ... I would use the dinner plate as a serving plate!

Poll : Do You Love It?
What do you think? Do you love my recipe?
  • Yes I do!
  • I make something like that.
  • I'm a vegetarian, darn it!
  • No.

Don't you just love chicken and all its versatility?
I love grilled chicken breasts too and the next day, delicious on a salad or chopped up in chicken salad. So, did you enjoy my recipe? I know! I left out the tomato. Lately, I've been eating Tasti-Lee's but there were too big for this salad ... so I saved them for another day.

I was searching on Amazon for a good chicken recipe book and found 365 Ways to Cook Chicken: Simply the Best Chicken Recipes You'll Find Anywhere!

It got me thinking about the book and movie, Julie and Julia. Did you see that? I was wondering, could you use this book to do something similar, but with chicken? Or, would you find that you were getting tired of eating chicken each and every day? How may ways can you prepare chicken anyways? Hey, it says 365! And, there are 365 days in a year.

Are you up for it? Be careful as I have often heard, "you are what you eat!" Hey, leave me a comment. Tell me what you thought of the recipe.

History: Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Salad was originally created by JaguarJulie on Squidoo on May 9, 2014. On May 9, 2014 this lens earned the Purple Star Award for quality content. Then, on September 4, 2014, the lens was transported over electronically to HubPages. Now, it resides here and here alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment