Saturday, October 04, 2014

Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Recipe

I love Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs! Who doesn't love chicken thighs? This is a very easy to prepare and very tasty recipe for Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.

Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
I've always loved the smell of chicken baking in the oven! And, I especially love it when I am using the boneless skinless chicken thighs because there are obviously no bones!

You will find that my recipe is a sort of mock-breaded in that I love using Italian Style bread crumbs.

No bones about it, you know? Perhaps you will like it too?

All photos and content copyright JaguarJulie.

Lightly Breaded Please!
Sharing one of my easy to make comfort food recipes.

jaguarjulie glamour shot in red dress
You know, chicken is one of my favorite comfort foods that is so easy to prepare? If I was a vegetarian, I would seriously miss my baked chicken!

When I was married, we had chicken thighs a couple of times during the week. However, they were usually prepared on the outside gas grill or inside on our finished patio on the fancy Jenn-Air Barbecue Grill.

Chicken thighs are so versatile to prepare. I love their perfect little size that you can use a knife or eat them with your fingers.

I personally like to use Vigo Italian Style Bread Crumbs for my breading. You'll find a lot of prepared breading mixes at your grocers, but this is the one I use! Along with the same brand of olive oil.

Plus, my main side dish has long been one of the Uncle Ben's packets of rice. They only take 90 seconds in the microwave and really are quite good. Lately, I've been enjoying the Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic. It has quite the interesting texture! ~ The Comfort Foods Ambassador, Jaguar Julie!

A Closer Look at the Ingredients!
You get an idea how simple this is to prepare!

ingredients for breaded baked boneless skinless chicken thighs
ingredients for breaded baked boneless skinless chicken thighs

You know, I've been using the Vigo brand of products for years. It seems to make sense to use those bread crumbs with their olive oil. Rather a synergistic effect on taste; Italian Style!

Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Recipe
My recipe is actually like a mock breaded option.

Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Recipe
I don't dip my chicken thighs in egg wash ... you don't really need it.

I like this recipe because it can feed one person three times, two people twice, or three people once. Get it? What's great is that you can also use the baked chicken the next day to make some tasty sandwiches!

Serving Size: 2 chicken thighs with a side of rice and perhaps a salad?

Ingredients
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
1/2 cup Vigo Italian Style Bread Crumbs with Imported Romano Cheese
4 Tablespoons Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Dash Garlic Salt
Dash Cayenne Pepper
Dash Salt and Pepper
Side Dish: Uncle Ben's Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Thoroughly wash your chicken thighs.
  3. Add olive oil and seasonings to bottom of casserole dish.
  4. Place chicken thighs in casserole dish - preferably Corningware Blue Cornflower.
  5. Add olive oil and season with garlic salt, dash of salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper.
  6. Sprinkle your bread crumbs generously to coat the chicken thighs.
  7. Cover and put in oven to bake for one hour.
  8. Uncover at one hour and allow to brown up for 15-20 minutes.
  9. When ready to serve, microwave your packet of rice for 90 seconds.
  10. Serve with suggested serving size of two and a side of rice.
Prep time: 10 min; Cook time: 1 hour 20 min; Ready in: 1 hour 30 min; Yields: 2-3. 

Step-by-Step Instructions and Photos to Guide You!
It's an easy recipe, but I love to get your taste buds drooling.

#1 - These 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs have been thoroughly washed. Net wt. 1.69 lbs., $3.89/lb., total price $6.57.

#2 - In the bottom of your corningware casserole dish, add olive oil along with all your seasonings and spice and breadcrumbs. Then, place chicken thighs on top of that layer. Add your olive oil and all of your seasonings and spices. As much as you like! Easy on the salt.

#3 - Sprinkle your bread crumbs to generously coat the chicken thighs.

#4 - Cover your dish - getting ready to put in a preheated oven.

#5 - Put in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

#6 - Bake your dish for one hour covered. You will see it take on a golden glow; plus you will smell the amazing aroma!

#7 - Uncover and leave in the oven for 15-20 minutes to golden up and crisp the tops.

#8 - Your chicken thighs are done! Remove from oven and cover until ready to serve.

#9 - This is the side dish I like best! Don't forget to tear the two top edges before microwaving for 90 seconds.

#10 - Serve two breaded baked boneless skinless chicken thighs with a side of rice - here it is on my Corelle Bamboo Leaf Square Dinnerware!

I Love Corningware and Corelle!

Who doesn't love Corningware, I ask? Would you believe, I think my set is over 40 years old! I seriously can't believe it ... they say this stuff is indestructible and that it will probably outlive you and me. I believe it!

I am one of the many home cooks who rely on my Corningware casserole set for baking. The cornflower pattern is like a vintage collectible. I think it is a right of passage that each homemaker start off with such a set.

Get your own Corningware StoveTop 4-pc PYROCERAM Blue Cornflower Casserole Set!


You probably recognize this dinner plate in my photos. I honestly love love love my Corelle Bamboo Leaf Square Round 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 4! When I bought it in June 2009 from Amazon, as soon as it arrived, I purchased a second set! Yep, it is that stylish.

You get 4 dinner plates, 4 luncheon plates, 4 soup/cereal bowls, and 4 mugs. It is made of Vitrelle glass that is dishwasher and microwave safe! You will love the bamboo leaf design and the square shape.

Keep an eye on your guests so that they don't try to take it home with them.

Poll : Do You Love It?
Does this recipe grab your tastebuds? How do you like my particular breaded and baked recipe?
  1. It sounds quite tasty!
  2. I already prepare mine with a similar recipe.
  3. I like my chicken thighs a different way.
Hey chicken lovers from around the globe!

Don't you just love how many ways you can prepare chicken. I also love grilling the chicken breasts and then chopping up the meat the next day for putting on a salad or making chicken salad. Hey, you'll want to take a look at my Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Salad! I did chop up a chicken breast and made such a delicious salad, you wouldn't believe!! So, what about the thighs? I just love to hear from my readers - whatever is on your mind. Love my recipe or not?

History: Breaded Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs was originally created on Squidoo by JaguarJulie on May 8, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment