Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Benjamin Moore Aura Paint in Action

On Friday, October 12, 2012, I received my Benjamin Moore Aura Paint BzzKit from BzzAgent. This has to be the fastest BzzAgent project that I have ever participated in over the past 8 years! On Saturday, October 13, 2012, I drove to my neighborhood Benjamin Moore dealer, Mandarin Paint Center. I was quite impressed with all the Benjamin Moore displays and products in this dealer's store. Check out the photo!

Benjamin Moore Dealer, Mandarin Paint Center - Jacksonville, Florida
Benjamin Moore Dealer, Mandarin Paint Center - Jacksonville, Florida
While I was waiting for Steve Taras to finish with a customer, I browsed the nicely stocked and organized showroom. It was impressive to see all the supportive product literature on the shelves! I took some time to focus on the color of paint I wanted. I had already found a teal-like Affinity color that I liked from the color sample swatch wheel that was in my BzzKit. When I saw the color samples for the Historical Collection, I settled on HC-137, Mill Springs Blue.

Benjamin Moore Aura HC-137 Mill Springs Blue Color Sample
Benjamin Moore Aura HC-137 Mill Springs Blue Color Sample
Benjamin Moore Sheen Chart and Sales Receipt for one gallon of Aura paint
The HC-137, Mill Springs Blue, is shown in the photo above - it is the middle color in the three-color sample. What was curious? The Sheen Chart coincidentally seemed to match my color! If you can see by the sales receipt, that one gallon of Benjamin Moore Aura HC-137 Mill Springs Blue sells for $54.99! Fortunately for me, I #GotItFree [that's I got it free folks!] from BzzAgent!

Now, it was time to put that Benjamin Moore Aura Waterborne Interior Paint into action! The intended room for my paint project? Why the garage! You see, I have had the entire interior, including ceiling, of my home painted ... except for the garage. I don't know many garages that would be painted with $54.99 paint!

Garage Wall before - October 13, 2012 AM
Saturday, October 13, 2012, was the perfect day for painting. It was cooler than previous days with a slight breeze. I had to remove items from the overhead shelf and then brush clean the walls and baseboard. I took my time applying the paint with a roller, edging in the ceiling and baseboard area as I went. That paint was a "absolute treat" to work with and apply to the walls. It felt like a paint custard.

Garage Wall after - October 13, 2012 PM
Check out that painted wall! Now, look at the before shot. See all those defects on the wall? The Benjamin Moore Aura Waterborne Interior Paint did a FANTASTIC job of covering the defects and imperfections on that garage wall. I probably would have needed to paint two coats with any regular paint. And, I probably should have primed that garage wall first before ... but NO need to do that with Benjamin Moore Aura Waterborne Interior Paint -- that primer is already in the paint!

On Sunday, October 14, 2012, I continued with the Benjamin Moore Aura Waterborne Interior Paint and painted the back wall. I had just enough paint to finish that second wall. After I finished with the walls, I opened up the pint of Benjamin Moore Aura® Waterborne Interior Paint and Primer in Eggshell Finish. I painted the baseboards and then opted to paint the door and door molding.

I am so thankful that I had that pint of paint in white! The door looks brand new; plus, the baseboards look pretty incredible for a garage!!

Garage before - October 13, 2012 AM
Take another look at the overall view of the garage interior BEFORE! That's a lot of wall space, not to mention the challenge of trimming those walls! I think the toughest was the far left -- hot water heater!

Garage after - October 16, 2012 AM
Here's an overall view of the garage interior AFTER. The left side wall was actually painted with another color from another brand of paint that I used on my interior. I'll tell you about that wall in a separate blog post as this is about Benjamin Moore Aura Waterborne Interior Paint!

The proof is in the pudding ... and in this case, the proof is on the walls! Look at those garage walls! Do you like the color? I love the teal color as I am a Jacksonville Jaguars fan -- that's one of their primary colors.

Benjamin Moore Aura Waterborne Interior Paint HC-137 Mill Springs Blue Can
Benjamin Moore Aura Waterborne Interior Paint
HC-137 Mill Springs Blue - A Spent Paint Can
Looking back on the painting experience, I was thrilled to have gotten the opportunity to try Benjamin Moore Aura Waterborne Interior Paint. It went on the walls like butter, so to speak, in that it did a great job of immediately covering the wall imperfections. There were no areas on those garage walls that required touch-ups! It was interesting in the clean-up that my paint pan had paint that sort of peeled off.

What a joy it was to test out Benjamin Moore paint in my garage. Normally, I would not ever spend $54.99 on a gallon of paint for a garage. However! Since I #GotItFree, I couldn't be happier. I am a happy camper folks. Thank you Benjamin Moore. And, thank you BzzAgent!

P.S. BzzAgent has instructed us that we no longer are to use the Twitter hashtag of #imabzzagent for our buzz. Instead, we have a "brand new set of mandatory hash tags" to use: #GotItFree and #GotADiscount. And remember to include the hash tag #Aura.

Check out the offerings on Amazon for Benjamin Moore Aura Paint. Amazon has a lot to offer for Benjamin Moore Paint. Try it; you might just like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for inspiration to paint my garage. I live in a 1950s bungalow... the garage has seen better days. When I looked up pictures- all the paint colors were so harsh (greys, reds, blacks, oranges). I wanted to enjoy walking through my garage before entering my home... I love how your paint job came out, love the colour and the before/after pics! Thanks so much for posting. Next weekend, I'm going to give it a try too! :D

Julie Ann Brady said...

Good luck with your paint job. I think it should be fun to experiment with colors and perhaps complementary colors in a garage. I love the eggplant purples and teal greens.

Post a Comment