Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Don't call us we'll call you

The funniest thing happened the other day; not ha-ha kind of funny, but curiously ironic kind of funny. You see, I am one of those stone age type of gals who is NOT physically-connected to her cell phone. Yep, that's right -- I know you probably find this pretty surprising. My cell phone is used primarily in case of emergencies, like a fire extinguisher. In case I get a flat tire, run out of gas, god forbid I have an accident -- you know!

I am sitting at work, and I've been thinking for a few days that my cell phone has a problem. "It simply won't hold a charge and I never HEAR it ring." That's what I told dear old hubby. Hey, even our printer said so -- he told me he called me several times the week before yet I never heard his call. Yep, I saw a message from the printer saved on the phone, but I never heard it ring! So, back to I'm sitting at work, and THE PHONE RINGS! Yikes, loud and clear -- too loud in fact. "Hello," I say in my ever-so-sweet cell phone answering voice. "Lemmee speak to Sean!" the curt female voice shouts out. "Hey, ya got the wrong number!!" I respond.

So, I guess my cell phone does work after all. But, funny thing ... it was a wrong number! Figures, doesn't it?

P.S. That cat is working with me to promote First Coast No More Homeless Pets and all the fine things that they do in our community. Want to know more about them? Not only do they help with the spaying and neutering of feral cats in Northeastern Florida, but they are now providing vaccinations for domestic pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment