Wednesday, September 24, 2014

PST Pickles Swiss and Turkey on Onion Schnecken Roll

What is a PST? What makes up the PST? Pickles, swiss and turkey! So, a PST on Onion Schnecken Roll is actually a sandwich of Pickles Swiss and Turkey on Onion Schnecken Roll that is quite delicious!

PST Pickles Swiss and Turkey on Onion Schnecken Roll
It is that simple to make this healthy and delicious lunch recipe. The onion schnecken roll is a great choice as the bread. It makes this a gourmet lunch like you might find at a deli, but you make it at home.

Come along and I will show you how to make it! We've included a number of personal photos to help you build it.

All photos and content copyright JaguarJulie.

Something Out of the Ordinary!

In my personal opinion ... You know, I recently did a numerical quiz about my primary number. You add up the date your were born to arrive at a single primary number. Mine is 5 which has a definition of "non-conformist."

Perhaps that explains why I am usually writing about extremely niche-like topics. Those kind of topics which are so unique that you might not have even thought of them before.

So, with that in mind ... allow me to introduce you to today's tasty treat for lunch!

I coined the "PST" as it seems worthy; kind of like a unique spin on BLT. Hey, it's specifically kosher dill pickle slices, swiss cheese, and oven-roasted turkey.

A while back, I was in my Publix deli looking for a bread that I could use to make my lunch sandwiches more like a gourmet deli offering. I believe I've found that with the onion schnecken roll.

P.S. I was the Official Squidoo Comfort Foods Contributor! Did you know that? Well, you probably guessed it. Sandwiches are some of the most comfort-ing of all comfort foods!

The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread
On my bucket list, you know? Hey! I think the secret to a healthy and gourmet sandwich is homemade bread. My grandma knew how to make it ... now I think it's time for you and me to learn how too!

I picked this particular book, The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread, because it literally jumped out and me. I was impressed by the vast amount of reviews received.

Furthermore, I want to learn from the best. The author, Peter Reinhart has been spearheading America’s artisanal bread movement for over fifteen years. That cinches it for me!

P.S. Take some time out to learn how to make your own extraordinary bread. Perhaps a few onion schnecken rolls too?

What is the Schnecken?
First, a little tasty information! Origin: Schnecken is a sweet egg bun that is made with sour cream. From its origin in the early 20th century, it could be found in German homes as "a traditional Saturday morning treat."

It also was a mainstay in the Jewish immigrant communities in Philadelphia and Baltimore. ~ Wikipedia.

Nutrition Information: This Publix bakery item is reported to contain some 190 calories with 250 mg of sodium and 40 mg of cholesterol! ~ My Fitness Pal.

Poll : Have you tried this type of bread?
Do You Love the Onion Schnecken Roll?
  • Yes, it is a favorite of mine.
  • I have not tried it yet.
  • I want to seriously try it!

The Key Ingredients!
key ingredients for Pickles Swiss and Turkey on Onion Schnecken Roll
Take a closer look ... it's PST! A picture is worth a thousand words they say! What you'll need to make this:
  • Publix Brand Onion Schnecken Roll
  • Butterball Oven-Roasted Turkey Slices
  • Sargento Natural Swiss Cheese Slices
  • Publix Brand Hamburger Dill Slices
  • Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing - Light

P.S. Feel free to substitute your preference for the PST to make it your own custom taste!

Turkey -- you might try smoked or honey-roasted. Also, the Swiss comes in so many different varieties and brands. Pickles? Perhaps you prefer sweet?

How to Make It!
Start your photo slideshow below with step by step photo instructions! Here are the step-by-step instructions to make that sandwich! - Hey, follow along as we are seriously on a roll ...

#1 - Start with your onion schnecken roll.#2 - Slice your roll in half.
#3 - Toast your roll in the toaster.#4 - Add Kraft Miracle Whip dressing to both halves.
#5 - Select your two slices each of turkey and swiss.#6 - Add the cheese.
#7 - Add the turkey.#8 - Add the pickles.
#9 - Fold it over!#10 - Slice and stack it!

Drumroll for the Finale!

PST Pickles Swiss and Turkey on Onion Schnecken Roll

The presentation is as good as the taste! We hope you enjoyed our photo slideshow of the step-by-step instructions. Perhaps we have engaged your tastebuds?

How about taking another closer look at this delicious offering. What's interesting about the finished result is that it is a bit like a panini without the press. This roll is loaded with taste yet it is not a "thick" item. It comes already pressed. Hopefully, you are im-pressed!

Poll : Will You Try It?
Have we piqued your tastebuds to give it a try? Will you make this tasty item?
  • Yes, indeed I want to try it!
  • I am a vegetarian and don't do turkey!
  • No, it looks good but I won't try it.

Get a Bread Maker!

Perhaps you are thinking about making your own bread? Oh boy, but that is seriously on my bucket list!

Researching the bread makers available on Amazon, I settled on the Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker with Yeast Dispenser, White. It seems to be quite popular.

You have the option of selecting three different loaf sizes, up to 2-1/2 pounds loaf capacity. Select from handy settings for white, whole wheat, multigrain, French, quick breads and cakes.

Program it with a 13-hour delay start timer. The bread maker automatically adds yeast at the optimum time to ensure perfect bread. Best of all, there is a non-stick inner bake pan with a built-in handle for ease in removing that baked bread! I can smell it now.

Hello all you sandwich eaters from around the world.

Don't be shy! I really appreciate all the feedback that I receive from my readers. Please take a moment to let me know you dropped by this page. Feel free to share suggestions and your thoughts about my recipe.

History: How to Make PST on Onion Schnecken Roll was originally created on Squidoo by JaguarJulie on April 22, 2014. Later, that same day, this former lens earned the Purple Star Award for quality content.

No comments:

Post a Comment