By the way, the significance of this page to Squidoo lensmasters? Oh, simple! This was one of my first instances of writing in a series of related topics! In March 2006 I initiated the "Made in" series of lenses to celebrate all that is Eastern European. I initially wrote about Made in Hungary and Made in Romania to celebrate my Eastern European heritage.
Welcome to Made in Bulgaria -- Francesco Biasia, Karl Lagerfeld, Lacoste and Perry Ellis! I hope you enjoy your visit today. Thanks for dropping by.
By the way, YOU may be surprised. Check out my "Made in" series of pages. Made in Bulgaria, Made in Czech Republic, Made in Hungary, Made in Poland, and Made in Romania.
Image Credit: Graphic design of Bulgarian flag-inspired image by JaguarJulie.
Are you surprised about what's Made in Bulgaria?
- Yep! I'm amazed.
- Hmmm, maybe
- Not particularly.
Some of the brands include Adrienne Vittadini, Alfani, Amanda Smith, Andrew Marc, Bakers, Banana Republic, Bogner, Borsalino, Brandini, Burberry, Dennis Basso, Diadora, Florence Tricot, Francesco Biasia, Geronimo, Giorgio Saint' Angelo, H&M, International Concepts, Hugo Boss, Josef Seibel, Joseph & Feiss, Karl Lagerfeld, Lacoste, Lalo Orna, London Fog, Marc New York, Mason's, Max Mara, Matchbox, Milano Uomo, Millenium Collection, Miss Sixty, Moncler, Osh Kosh, Paris Saint Germain, Perry Ellis, Pierre Cardin, Prada Sport, Silver Cloud, Sonia Rykiel, T.C. Petites, Tommy Hilfiger, Triba Denim, Tribal of Bulgaria, Tribella, and White Mountain.
Men's designer clothing items that are "made in Bulgaria"
Geronimo men's underwear and swimwear that's "made in Bulgaria" is definitely the UNEXPECTED! Undoubtedly, the ONE brand that is "made in Bulgaria" and the most abundant in my eBay search is GERONIMO!!! It's also a bit unexpected.
Since 1995 Geronimo Ltd has taken advantage of the Eastern European culture and fashion. Based in Bulgaria, the company has specialized in the design and production of high quality European style men's underwear and swimwear. The collection varies from simple and sporty to sexy and luxurious designs. Each collection is born from the necessity to reevaluate a product which fully respects the physiological and natural demands of a man.
The Expected - made in Bulgaria
- Borsalino hats were predominantly "made in Bulgaria"
- Men's shoes that are "made in Bulgaria"
- Women's clothing designer items that are "made in Bulgaria"
- Pottery designer items that are "made in Bulgaria"
- Collectibles that are "made in Bulgaria"
Lalo Orna - made in Bulgaria
Ladies, if you haven't yet discovered the remarkable resin artful creations of Lalo Orna ... stop what you are doing! Get acquainted with this incredible brand. I've been writing and selling Lalo Orna for YEARS!!
You might want to try some Organic Rose Water, Bulgarian. Award-winning, steam-distilled from fresh organic rose petals (from Rosa Damascena).
Anti-inflammatory, acne-preventing, and balancing. Made by Alteya Organics.
Therapeutic, cleansing, and detoxifying. Skin Care Grade.
Real Rose Flower Water. NOT a fragrance!
Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive and irritated skin. Rejuvenating, stimulating, and harmonizing.
Bulgaria - Country FAQs
I am a great fan of Wikipedia and also the The World Factbook! You can find great information there.
- Bulgaria is in Southeastern Europe, bordering the Black Sea, between Romania and Turkey.
- It's slightly larger than Tennessee with a total area of 110,910 sq km; which is mostly land: 110,550 sq km; and a little water: 360 sq km.
- The climate is temperate; cold, damp winters; hot, dry summers.
- The terrain is mostly mountains with lowlands in north and southeast.
- Natural resources include bauxite, copper, lead, zinc, coal, timber, arable land.
- Natural hazards are earthquakes and landslides!
- The current environmental issues are air pollution from industrial emissions; rivers polluted from raw sewage, heavy metals, detergents; deforestation; forest damage from air pollution and resulting acid rain; soil contamination from heavy metals from metallurgical plants and industrial wastes.
- Population estimated in July 2007: 7,322,858.
- According to the 2001 census, the ethnic groups include Bulgarian 83.9%, Turk 9.4%, Roma 4.7%, other 2% (including Macedonian, Armenian, Tatar, Circassian).
- The capital is Sofia.
- Independence: 3 March 1878 (as an autonomous principality within the Ottoman Empire); 22 September 1908 (complete independence from the Ottoman Empire).
- Constitution was adopted 12 July 1991.
- Industries: electricity, gas, water; food, beverages, tobacco; machinery and equipment, base metals, chemical products, coke, refined petroleum, nuclear fuel.
- Export commodities: clothing, footwear, iron and steel, machinery and equipment, fuels.
This lavishly illustrated DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Bulgaria is all you need to visit this surprisingly undiscovered country rich in natural resources, history and culture. Soak up the many flavors of Bulgaria region by region, from Bulgaria's capital, Sofia, to the ancient countryside villages of Koprivshtitsa and Veliko Turnovo. Sights, beaches, markets and festivals are listed town by town.
includes 3-D cutaway illustrations, floor plans, and reconstructions of must-see sights, plus full-color city maps enable you to explore the capital and regions in depth. Walks, scenic routes, and thematic tours show you how to make the most of the country's spectacular mountain ranges and dramatic Black Sea coastline.
Thanks for visiting!
I hope you enjoyed my article on items "made in Bulgaria!" Do you know anything about Bulgaria that you'd like me to feature in my article? I'd love to hear from you.
History: Made in Bulgaria: You May Be Surprised was originally created on Squidoo by JaguarJulie on August 27, 2007. Highest lensrank ever achieved: #1,671 overall. Lens #85 in the quest for Giant Squid 100 Club Charter Member 2007.