Friday, April 01, 2011

Would you believe that it is difficult to FIND a certain tire?

As I sit here thinking I really need to jump in the shower and get ready for my foot surgery today, I am penning this blog post!  It is thanks to a fellow Squidoo lensmaster Tony in the UK that I think about my pet peeves more often ... these days!  I am really more than a little peeved about Tire Kingdom and my Goodyear Eagle Z-rated tires!  One in particular ... a 245/40R17.  That is the type of tire that goes on the rear rim of my 1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK-230.  I've got two 225/45R17s on my front.  vroom vroom!

Last Saturday, Tire Kingdom installed a loaner Sumitomo 245-sized tire on the rear, which had the WRONG 215 since July 30, 2010.  The store manager promised me that day, he would get the tire in and installed before April Fools Day - the day of my foot surgery.  It is on my right foot ... driving will be an adventure from that day forward, until the foot heals.  Be careful if you see me in my yellow roadster!  beep beep!

I called Goodyear Corporate Customer Relations and spoke with Kathy.  She told me, that tire IS hard to find.  No location in the South reported it in inventory.  Kathy said that 2500 of that tire was on BACKORDER.  Good grief!

When I googled that tire this morning, it was sort of an April Fools as Tire Kingdom was advertising the low price guarantee ... but they seriously do NOT have my tire.  Darn!

I am contemplating the thought, "Would you believe that it is difficult to FIND a certain tire?"  I can't believe it!  The tires are supposedly performance tires, you know?  I just wish they were performing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment