Thursday, May 21, 2009

If you don't have something nice to say

Ah, the anonymity of the internet makes for some interactions that can make a person cringe. Who really knows the person on the other end of the user ID -- what their motives are or if they are having a bad day or if that is really who there are. On any given day, one can read about the unkindnesses people experience in forums throughout the internet. It makes me think of a fellow lensmaster of mine who reported such a case. This is SO sad!

In my generation, when I grew up, I was blessed by learning from my grandmother. When my parents were getting a divorce, all of us kids piled into our grandparent's home in Cleveland, Ohio. We spent one full school year there and for that I am so very thankful.

you talking to me - JulieAnnBrady
Yes, grandma was talking to me ... no grandma is not a black cat. LOL
Learning from my grandmother each day taught me to be a better person. She was a remarkable woman. "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything." She taught me to bite my tongue. She taught me to be polite. She taught me not to say unkind words to others. She taught me to be honest, forthright and authentic. Thank you Grandma.

if  you don't have something nice to say
I sat down to jot off this short blog post after encountering a complete stranger this morning who asked me if I was stupid in a public forum. I don't know this person -- or I don't think I know this person. There are politically correct methods for expressing that you disagree with a person's thoughts.

So, what is it they say that we all have the right to freedom of speech?

People do sometimes say the darndest things -- it's NOT always the kids! Say Something Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment