Saturday, May 09, 2009

Have you tried Salba Smart Natural Products

Our family has been sampling the Salba Smart Natural Products that you see pictured here. We received a variety of chips, pretzels, salsa, and salba seed along with the press kit CD. At the writing of this blog post, we are conscientiously working our way through the samples we received in order to report an accurate taste test for our readers! Initially, I can tell you that we are quite pleased with the tastiness of the snacks.

I recently learned about Salba, a superfood, when I was introduced to the Salba Smart Natural Products. Salba is a "little known grain" which is revolutionizing America’s salsa! As May is National Salsa Month, it seemed very appropriate to be sampling this line of products during the month of May!

Salba Smart Natural Products We received three 12-ounce jars of Salba Smart’s Organic Salsas; one of each of the flavors of Mild, Medium and Hot. I have specific plans for the hot salsa and that is to use it in place of my normal hot salsa in my famous spicy potato salad recipe. Our household really prefers a more medium to hot type of salsa, so I probably will mix the mild and medium together for serving. I think that's a cool alternative if you like a little more kick to your salsa as we do!

Salba Smart Organic Tortilla ChipsWhen I packed my hubby's lunch the other day, I snuck in a 0.7 oz. package of Salba Smart 100 Calorie Organic Tortilla Chips just like the package pictured to the right. I didn't make a point of telling hubby that these were organic and good for him. I wanted his honest opinion of the taste. That night when he came home I asked him how he liked the tortilla chips. His response, "they were quite good!" That's a mouthful as he is definitely NOT Mikey who will eat anything.
A nutrient-packed grain grown only in Peru, Salba is the richest whole food source of Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber found in nature – and has been clinically proven to assist in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease and in the reduction of blood pressure, inflammation and coagulation factors.

Ounce for ounce, Salba grain provides:
  • three times more iron than spinach
  • 15 times more magnesium than broccoli
  • six times more calcium than whole milk

Salba Smart Nutrition Facts
What I like about the line of products is that there is more than just salsa! Salba Smart makes the organic tortilla chips, which contain 0 grams of trans fats and are gluten free, to go with that salsa. I've tried the pretzels, which aren't gluten free, but I like a pretzel that is a bit thicker in size.

Oh, those gluten-free tortilla chips that hubby ate? That's the nutrition facts which states that each serving also contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids (ALA) 210mg. Checking the package, you'll see it bears the seal "USDA ORGANIC."

Get the facts for yourself on the research behind the Salba Smart line.

No comments:

Post a Comment