Friday, May 15, 2009

Hard as nails - can do the laundry and yard work

Preface: This is a simple and light type of post today. It's Friday and would be a good day to get my nails done. I got my Squidoo paycheck and can afford the $20! ;)

Probably the only personal 'luxury' that I treat myself to is to have my nails done ever 2-3 weeks. I am not a high maintenance type of gal despite rumors to the contrary. I am a no-nonsense type of gal who actually does her own laundry and even cuts the grass! In case Google image search is looking to index this blog post, that is a picture of my manicured hand with Opi nail polish in a hot pink or fuchsia color. In my hand, you can see my very favorite Robert Held confetti heart-shaped paperweight.

julieannbrady i love acrylic nails and the Robert Held confetti heart paperweight
Julie Ann Brady - I love acrylic nails and the Robert Held confetti heart paperweight
YES, that is authentically my hand. Applause for originality - JulieAnnBrady
There was some buzz that 'artificial' or enhanced nails may not be the latest thing, but you couldn't tell that by the waiting room in all the nail salons in Northeastern Florida! I've sat sometimes waiting one hour for my nail technician. The nail technicians that I've had the pleasure to get to know over the past 10 years or so are some of the most talented artists. I never was able to do my own nails as well as they can.

These nails are quite durable and allow me to do the laundry and even yard work. But, most importantly, I seem to type better which is quite important when working on my Squidoo lenses.

Color Club Nail Polish

OK, let me come clean on nail polish! For years, I was a devoted follower of the whimsically named polishes of OPI. Then, one day I discovered a new brand of nail polish that had the most vivid neon and colors that pop -- poptastic they say! Revealing to my readers, my 2 picks of the best colors:

My #1 Pick:  Pucci-licious Color Club Nail Polish
My #2 Pick:  Mrs. Robinson Color Club Nail Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment