Saturday, March 07, 2009

A Passion for Understanding Hungarian History

Are you fascinated by history as much as I am? Right after I began reading Nancy Drew mystery books in grade school, I started reading an assortment of books particularly about Hungarian history. In addition to having a keen interest in genealogy, I've done a lot of reading about the Austro-Hungarian Empire. My interest in this type of history can be seen through many of my Hungarian-flavored lenses. In particular, I took great pride in researching for hours information to add to my Made in Hungary -- Not JUST Goulash! article.

Would you believe that this lens was one of my first lenses -- it was created on March 30, 2006, just 9 days after I joined Squidoo. There was a time that if you did a search on Squidoo for Hungarian, that all results were links to my lenses. Today, there are some 167 lenses that reference something Hungarian.

Well, if you are the least bit interested in some of the most captivating history, may I suggest one of the following books for your reading pleasure. Trust me; you won't be disappointed.

It was pretty interesting recently to submit my saliva for an AncestryDNA test. They are constantly refining the ancestry profiles to interpret the Eastern European heritage.

julieannbrady ancestrydna eastern european ancestry map

I always knew I was pretty much Eastern European, focusing on Hungary, Slovakia and Poland. And, I think that explains my fascination with understanding Hungarian history!! It's in my DNA. It's in my bones. It's in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment