Friday, October 03, 2008

Schmap's Prague digital travel guide

Our last Eastern European vacation entailed a trip to The Czech Republic. We began our stay in Prague and then ventured out into the countryside, finally staying in the castled town of Cesky Krumlov.

I previously worked for a FujiFilm company, so you can well imagine that my enthusiasm for photography became piqued when that company sponsored an employee photo contest. No digital photos were allowed at that time, only film. The customs agents must surely have thought that I was some professional photographer with my Nikon N-75 camera with Sigma lenses and 36 rolls of film! However, by the time that we visited The Czech Republic, I was no longer with that FujiFilm company. And, I was no longer shooting film, but had a nifty FujiFilm FinePix V10 digital camera. I was able to take hundreds of pictures during that visit.

It was one of those pictures that got noticed by Emma Williams, Managing Editor, Schmap Guides. Emma selected my picture of a absolutely beautiful Louis Vuitton red and black designer handbag. I just heard today that my picture had made the final selection to be included in their Prague digital travel guide! Check out that marvelous LV handbag -- oh, I want one!
Schmap Guides -- Schmap’s series of digital travel guides integrates dynamic maps with useful background reading, suggested tours, photos from the traveling public and reviews by local correspondents (for sights and attractions, hotels, restaurants, bars, parks, theaters, galleries, museums and more) to profile 200 destinations throughout the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

I took a lot of pictures from our trip to The Czech Republic ... a trip of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment