Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Extreme customer service or not

Today I received an email that made me stop dead in my tracks and wonder, are you kidding me?

From: CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Subject: Tell us how your order is working.

Dear POTENTIAL CUSTOMER,

It’s been three months since your order with OUR WONDERFUL COMPANY. How is it going? Please share your compliments or complaints! Share right here! Click Now AND TAKE OUR WONDERFUL SURVEY.

Very Sincerely,
President
Customer Satisfaction

Please do not reply to this email.
----------------------------------
If you no longer wish to receive survey emails, please click here.

Tell me, would you want to take that survey? Or, even consider doing business with that company. Maybe you would. I’m not yet a customer although I was a customer many years ago. It was some three months ago that I was researching a number of companies for leads on lists for a direct mail campaign. We hadn’t decided that we really wanted to go the route of direct mail, but wanted to explore our options to see what the various costs are for such lists. I remembered this company, so I thought I’d check them out.

I registered on that site to do some preliminary research. It was not even 2 hours later that same day when a customer service rep from that company called me. Hmmm, that might qualify as ‘extreme customer service’ I thought when I received that phone call. After chatting with the rep, I told them our position and left the contact as a ‘don’t call me, I’ll call you when I am ready.’ Now that it is some three months after my initial research and the temporary shelving of the direct mail project, I received the follow-up email to “take our survey and tell us how I am doing with the order.” Hmmm, I didn’t order from your company, but I am sure glad to hear that your President is seeking to measure my customer satisfaction. Extreme customer service, or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment