Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sweethearts for Valentines Day

Also known as Conversation Hearts; they're popular in the UK as Love Hearts!

Sweethearts are small heart-shaped candies with a peak selling season around Valentine's Day. To me, they are THE candy for this holiday. Each heart is printed with a message such as "Be Mine", "Kiss Me", "Call Me", and "Miss You". New sayings are added every year and others are taken away (ergo, witness the removal of "Fax Me"). Sweethearts are made by the New England Confectionery Company, or NECCO.

I remember giving and receiving these sweet candies when I was a child! It's really cool that the Sweethearts remain as a Valentine's Day tradition to this day!

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays -- for the obvious reasons AND particularly because it is the very day that my hubby and I celebrate our anniversary! Ah ... how romantic can you get? Want to learn more about these and find some cool Valentine's Day gifts? Why be sure to check out more about Sweethearts in my blog article. I H-E-A-R-T ... Valentine's Day and Sweethearts !

No comments:

Post a Comment