Thursday, August 06, 2009

Which is King - Content or Keywords

Can we equate this debate to one of the world's biggest mysteries? What came first, the chicken or the egg? Which is king these days? Is it authentic and unique content? Or is it keywords and keyword research? Can it really be that keywords are driving the 'need' for original content? Yes, keywords, the right keywords are paramount to your article being found and generating traffic. But is that what drives you? Can it have come to this that we writers are making determinations on what we will be writing about so that we can gain traffic and readers?

Personally, I am still a bit old school. I like to write about those things that interest me; about those things I am most passionate. I love writing/authoring lenses on Squidoo. I did love writing on my blog and striving to be an original. I derive my authenticity from my passions and interests. I am thrilled that I have amassed a great group of readers and friends and fellow associates who value what I might have to say.

you talking to me - YES - Julie Ann Brady


So, I'm sitting here this morning with a LOT on my mind. I'm thinking about blog content scrapers, syndicating of blogs, authenticity, value, -- lots of information, perhaps too much information. Where do we go from here?

2 comments:

maria said...

I know that the right keywords are extremely, but I would say that content is more important.

Poutine

Julie Ann Brady said...

Thanks Maria for your comment. You know it's almost like the chicken vs. the egg mystery of what came first. To me, I want to think it's good, authentic, quality-minded content that is paramount. Then, the relevant keywords.

Post a Comment