Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stuffed Cabbage is Popular Worldwide

On Sunday, April 19th, I was surprised by a special blessing when I logged into my Squidoo account and saw on my dashboard that my Stuffed Cabbage lens had hit the #1 spot on Squidoo's Top 100.

Stuffed Cabbage #1 lens on Squidoo
If you check the Top 100 in the Food and Cooking category, you'll spot the top food experts on all of Squidoo.  At any one time, you should find a couple of my fabulous food recipes there.

To have attained the top spot for Stuffed Cabbage is quite meaningful when considering that April marks the anniversary of the loss of my grandparents. We lost grandpa Alex Nagy on April 21st; followed a few years later by grandma Julia Nagy on April 28th. It was my grandma Julia Nagy who inspired my top article -- and we all know that grandpa ate LOTS of Hungarian stuffed cabbage in his lifetime!

stuffed cabbage is popular worldwide
Stuffed Cabbage Worldwide Readership Base
Stuffed Cabbage is quite popular worldwide as demonstrated by this reader map. Can you name all the different names as stuffed cabbage is known worldwide? Check out that cool list of names of stuffed cabbage as it is known throughout the world.

Do you know that Martha Stewart is always making her version of Polish stuffed cabbage rolls on her TV show? Want one of her recipes for Polish Stuffed Cabbage Rolls?

Why do YOU think stuffed cabbage is so popular -- is it because of Martha Stewart or for some other reason? Weigh in on the debate and check out what other people think about this!

2 comments:

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann said...

Stuffed cabbage is popular with me! That's all I care about and I don't share. Hodmezoevasarhelykutaszypuszta! (Hungarian for "I do not kid you!")

Julie Ann Brady said...

Chef, thanks for the "Hungarian" -- you kid me? Ha! Well, I'm sitting here now thinking about stuffed cabbage rolls thanks to you. ;)

Post a Comment