Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Givenchy designer style

Givenchy :: A designer style that is a personal favorite. I simply adore the ever-appealing style of Givenchy ... It's Audrey Hepburn style that is so in demand today!

When I think of Givenchy, I think of Audrey Hepburn! I feel passionate about the Givenchy designer brand as it is my favorite designer line. Attention all you trend spotters: It is my prediction that this is a designer to watch and that there will be a resurgence in the brand.

Hubert de Givenchy was born February 21, 1927 in Beauvais, France into a wealthy family. Impressed by the 1937 World's Fair in Paris, young de Givenchy decided he wanted to work "somewhere in fashion design".

He studied at the École des Beaux Arts in Paris. His first designs were done for Jacques Fath in 1945, later he did designs for Lucien Lelong (1946) — working alongside the still-unknown Pierre Balmain and Christian Dior. From 1947 to 1951 he worked for the famous avantgarde designer Elsa Schiaparelli. In 1952, he founded the The House of Givenchy.


Did you know that the Givenchy Nightingale made in Italy leather satchel is one of the latest IT bag of the stars? It's actually been popular for the past year and can be seen for sale on eBay in a variety of colors. I personally like to stick with basic black for this type of bag as it the classic color. Here is that bag in patent leather.

I have been a collector of Givenchy designer handbags, accessories, jewelry, and clothing for several years. In the mood to shop for fabulous Givenchy designer handbags? Check out my exclusive Givenchy Designer collection for sale.

Check out my article on Givenchy - the Designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment