Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sunflowers in a Vase

When I think of "Sunflowers in a Vase," the first thing that comes to mind is Vincent Van Gogh. This magnificent artist had a commanding love and appreciation for sunflowers and painted them often.

Drumroll for my artsy presentation of "Sunflowers in a Vase" but it's a "Cat Vase!"

Sunflowers in a Vase : A Laurel Burch Cat Vase
Sunflowers in a Vase : A Laurel Burch Cat Vase
Can you see the black cat with white polka dots? It's the art of Laurel Burch and I think it makes the perfect vase for presenting an arrangement of sunflowers!

Sunflowers in a Vase : A Laurel Burch Cat Vase
Sunflowers in a Vase : A Laurel Burch Cat Vase
I'll bet that if Vincent Van Gogh was around today, he'd want to paint those sunflowers in that cat vase!

Bold Autumn Beauty Sunflower in Cat Vase
Bold Autumn Beauty Sunflower in Cat Vase
In this artsy picture, you get a better look at the beautiful ceramic Laurel Burch cat vase. I've had this vase for years, but never had the sunflowers to complete the presentation.

Sunflowers in a Vase : A Laurel Burch Cat Vase
Sunflowers in a Vase : A Laurel Burch Cat Vase
In this last photo, there is a little something extra to the presentation. If you look at the base of the ceramic cat vase, you can see a lot of yellow pollen. It is quite surprising the amount of pollen that is contained in a sunflower blossom!

Like that vase? I've searched at Amazon and can find hundreds of Laurel Burch Designer Items but I could not find a ceramic vase like mine! For the right price, I could be convinced to sell mine! So, I also searched over at eBay for Laurel Burch Cat Collectibles. My oh my, but there are some delectable designer items to be had!

Autumn Beauty Sunflowers in a Laurel Burch Cat Vase
Autumn Beauty Sunflowers in a Vase : A Laurel Burch Cat Vase
Notice how the sunflower blossoms have gotten more rich in color? Oh my, but I was so impressed with the quality of sunflower plants which grew from the organic sunflower seeds that I purchased at Lowe's!

Magnificent Autumn Beauty Sunflowers in a Laurel Burch Cat Vase
Magnificent Autumn Beauty Sunflowers in a Laurel Burch Cat Vase
I added more magnificent Autumn Beauty sunflower blossoms to my vase. In early July, we had a lot of rain which caused my tallest sunflower plant to uproot. The only way that I could get the plant to stay in the ground was to cut the blossoms. Those are what you see in this photo. That plant was a spiritual experience to see in person! I was almost a bit sad to cut those beautiful blossoms -- but at least I've captured them in a photo in a pretty cat vase ... for posterity! Enjoy.

Did you hear? That I actually had one final sunflower plant pop up in my garden? The Last Sunflower of Summer really surprised me. I am thankful that I have a couple more inspiring photos to share of sunflowers in a cat vase. Check them out!

Some Final Autumn Beauty Sunflowers in a Laurel Burch Cat Vase
Some Final Autumn Beauty Sunflowers in a Laurel Burch Cat Vase
Some Final Autumn Beauty Sunflowers in a Laurel Burch Cat Vase
Some Final Autumn Beauty Sunflowers in a Laurel Burch Cat Vase
The sunflowers in that cat vase in the two photos directly above are from the top of the sunflower plant. There were four large multiple sunflowers blossoming when we got a bit of extra rain. I watched as the top of the plant began to bow and rather than risk the plant falling over, I trimmed the top sunflower blossoms and put them in the vase for a last photo shoot. These are pretty amazing because they are from the seeds of my previous plants!

Take a look at all of the sunflowers in that cat vase ... you can see subtle differences between the blossoms. Pretty incredible with the colors and the styles.

P.S. Have you gotten involved with The Sunflower Project? This pay-it-forward project is in full steam. I am still harvesting sunflower heads for seeds and anticipate that this project will continue into 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment