According to Melissa Kagan, "freelance accessories guru and fashion writer" who contributes to iVillage, "You don't have to spend a million dollars to look like a million dollars.
It's all about how you put yourself together." I took a look at her style suggestions for Spring 2006 handbags and have summarized some of them for you, with my personal recommendations.
- "Smallville ... Whether slung across your body or dangling from your wrist, these palm-sized prizes are little more than wallets with straps."
- "Add Some Structure ... Slouch is out and structured is in." -- The Structured Handbag
- "The Black and White ... this season they are breaking out as outfit enhancers."
- "Neutral Territory ... Earthy extras are resurging this season. Linen, raffia, straw and other natural fibers are all making appearances in the form of must-have handbags."
- "Living Large ... The theme for this season's 'It' bags seems to be the bigger the better. Offered in exotic skins, bold colors and a multitude of different shapes."