Thursday, May 15, 2014

My DIY Garden of Sunflowers at 62 Days

Reflecting back on some two months, it is incredible to see the growth in my second DIY garden of sunflowers! Take a look at the garden view you have grown accustomed to seeing!

My Second DIY Garden of Sunflowers at 62 Days ~ JaguarJulie
My Second DIY Garden of Sunflowers at 62 Days ~ JaguarJulie
Photo Taken: May 15, 2014
I just took a break and went outside to get a measurement on plant height. I have three plants at 59 inches! That's nearly 5 ft. How about that? Fifty-nine inches at 62 days ... I wonder what will be the magic number when the height matches the days? Maybe 70??

My Second DIY Garden of Sunflowers at 62 Days ~ JaguarJulie
My Second DIY Garden of Sunflowers at 62 Days ~ JaguarJulie
Photo Taken: May 15, 2014
There's that second view of the sunflower garden, a side view from my daisy garden. For some reason, those sunflower plants look taller!! And, one last view! It is the other side.

My Second DIY Garden of Sunflowers at 62 Days ~ JaguarJulie
My Second DIY Garden of Sunflowers at 62 Days ~ JaguarJulie
Photo Taken: May 15, 2014
When you compare this growth to the first couple of pictures of this year's garden, you really see the difference! Then, when you compare it to last year's garden, you see the difference in amount of plants.

I was concerned that my sunflower plants were too close together; however, I think it might be a good thing. You see, yesterday we had a lot of windy weather. All the sunflowers were blowing to the West. Last year, when we had similar weather, some of the plants were bent over. This year, because of all the plants, they seem to be supporting each other with the wind, and cushioning the blows, so to speak.

I think it is a good thing to have so many plants. Sure, some of the plants are being shielded from the sun ... but, that's OK! I have plenty of taller sunflower plants with some spectacular buds!

WHY NOT GROW YOUR OWN?

Have I convinced you to want and try your own sunflower garden from seed? I am telling you that I am forever changed by a couple of packets of Burpee Sunflower Seeds! I mean, who seriously knew that sunflower seeds could change your life and bring you so much joy. I'm not kidding. Why not bring some joy into your life ... my secret? I am a very nurturing person who tends my garden every day. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment