Saturday, May 10, 2014

Love Bugs in My Sunflower Garden

I am not sure what the attraction happens to be with my sunflower garden, but the love bugs have been doing their thing over and over again. I am seeing those love bugs first thing in the morning, then again at noon, and again in the evening.

THE PROOF OF LOVE BUGS

Let me put together a little photo proof, a photo collage of love bugs on my sunflower leaves! See if you can pick a favorite.

two love bugs on my sunflower leavestwo love bugs on my sunflower leavestwo love bugs on my sunflower leaves
two love bugs on my sunflower leavestwo love bugs on my sunflower leavestwo love bugs on my sunflower leaves
two love bugs on my sunflower leaves two love bugs on my sunflower leavestwo love bugs on my sunflower leaves

Aren't those two love bugs something? Now, I don't believe it is the same pair on all those leaves since I took some of these pictures at different days and different times ... but a few of them look pretty similar.

I particularly got a kick out of the two love bugs in the last photo, #9. The one love bug was fluttering its wings like crazy to hold onto the edge of that sunflower leaf whilst the attached love bug hung on for dear life. They obviously had made a tight connection and didn't want to let go! Not only are they gymnastic insects, but their "you-know-what-making" is quite impressive ... rather like those gymnasts who twirl by their hair! I think so!

LOVE BUGS ON SQUIDOO

Hey there! Perhaps you found my previously Squidoo lens on love bugs? I originally created that Squidoo lens on January 18, 2008. The highest lensrank it ever achieved was #3,400 overall which put it in the upper second tier. It was lens #252 in my quest for Giant Squid 300 Club. Here is a screen capture from wayback:

love bugs squidoo lens by jaguarjulie introduction screen capture
Love Bugs: Love 'em or Hate 'em by JaguarJulie
Photo Credit: Mr. Love Bug by Brad Fitzpatrick
Love bugs can be a nuisance particularly because of their highly acidic body chemistry. You know, when you are driving during the love bug season, they will smash all over the front of your car. Not just the windshield, but the front bumper. If you don't clean the bumper and grill, you will find that the acidity will eat away at the finish. The love bugs acidity pits and etches automotive paint and chrome. It is not a pretty sight.

I remember back many many years ago when I lived in Atlanta in a Post Property townhome. One of my neighbors had a Mazda Miata. The whole front of the convertible was BLACK ... I mean layers and layers of black. That was the first time I really understood about the IMPACT of love bugs and what they can do to your car.

ANOTHER LOOK AT TWO LOVE BUGS

As I've walked through the four rows of my sunflower garden in the mornings, some of the love bugs have affixed themselves to my clothing and then showed up later in other places. I think these two were a tag-a-long.

Two Love Bugs Making a Connection on a Bench by JaguarJulie
Two Love Bugs Making a Connection on a Bench by JaguarJulie
Photo Taken: May 7, 2014
LOVE BUGS WITH LOW ACIDITY

Do you love Herbie the Love Bug as much as I do? Yeah, I know I'm getting a bit old for Herbie ... but life is a cycle. You are born and can be found in diapers ... then as you get older and close to being on your way out, you can be found in diapers. Not sure what that has to do with Herbie, but what's old is new again or something like that.

I just wanted to take a moment to celebrate those cool love bug items I found at Amazon as it tied rather nicely into my story of love bugs. Good CLEAN fun, you know? And, I'm not being overly promotional or too commercial. You think?

No comments:

Post a Comment