Saturday, April 19, 2008

Country Club Cats of DeerCreek

Tigger the Country Club Cat of DeerCreek
Country Club Cats :: Howz about them? Have your heard the news yet about them Country Club Cats???

No, I'm not talking about a musical group or a bunch of golfers!

I'm talking about country club cats as in a feral cat colony that has overtaken the neighborhood where I live. For the most part, our country club cats are quite social and are relatively well-behaved. There are a couple of them who keep their distance.

Not all the neighbors are so positive or welcoming when asked how they feel about these cats. We have stepped up to do our part with managing this feral cat colony. In January 2008 one male was neutered and thus far we're just past April Tax Day ... we've had 5 females spayed already! My pocket-book is draining dry. Thankfully, I've sold a couple of Squidoo lenses [some call it flipping!] to help fund my spaying and neutering fees. It's not free, ya know!

Hmmm, I wonder if any of this is tax-deductible??? Well, poor poor country club cats as next up on our agenda is to capture the 3 dominant, male ferals. Now, I've gotten to know them fairly well -- I can actually touch and pet two of them, but the cutest one 'Papa Fluff' is still not comfortable with me getting too close. It'll be a sad day when we turn these 3 over to Animal Care and Control ... but we see no other options for our neighborhood. I am very sad about this!!!

P.S. Thank our lucky stars for FCNMHP in Jacksonville Florida!

You know, it is 2019 as I am revisiting this article and thinking back on Tigger the Cat. A Country Club Cat. He was such a sweet boy.

2 comments:

DD said...

I would recommend to anyone to buy one of your lenses! If you can find an already great lens (and of course they are great, they are made by Julie!) and you can modify it to fit your marketing strategy, it's even better! I am loving the lens Black and White that Julie made, and my art is black and white pencil portraits so it fits right in! Look at Julie's lenses for sale and see what will work for you! For beginning lensmasters, it can also help you learn the mechanics of how a good lens is constructed.

Julie Ann Brady said...

Darla -- I am so thrilled that this particular lens has fit into your portfolio of lenses and better yet, ties in with your black and white pencil portraits! How very cool. Thanks for the recommendation of Laura for the logo!

Post a Comment